Your Secret To Thick, Lustrous, Beautiful Hair

I am the customer at the hair salon who needs the roots of her hair blow dried and teased to create volume. Don’t be mistaken, I am not trying to grow a mane like Tina Turner’s. But if I am not careful, the probability of my hair falling flat on my scalp and the risk of me looking like a drenched chicken is 100 percent.

More importantly, it’s my thinning hair that I am concerned about. I read somewhere that the life cycle of a single strand of hair is 2 to 7 years and is divided into 3 phases. 90% of scalp hair is in growing (anagen) phase, and the other 10% is either in resting (catagen) or shedding (telogen) phase. The reasons behind hair loss can be attributed to genes, but there are other causes such as damaged follicles (e.g hair being pulled too tight), stress, nutritional deficiencies and thyroid problems. For women, hair loss can begin as early as the 20’s and during the 40’s.

If you truly believe you are experiencing hair loss, like I did, there are hair laser treatment programs out there that can give your hair count a boost. Your thick, lustrous hair could be one laser appointment away!

Revage 670 Hair Laser


This hair laser uses photobiostimulation to stimulate your “sleeping” hair follicles into the growing phase. 30 laser diodes rotate 180 degrees around the scalp, emitting painless laser energy in the 670nm wavelength, stimulating blood flow to nourish poor thinning hair follicles, pushing them into the active growing anagen phase and encourages growth of thicker, healthier hair shafts.

The Kermax Scalp Program at SW1 Clinic (290 Orchard Road, Paragon Medical, Level 13) includes the Revage 670 hair laser and a refreshing scalp treatment to encourage hair growth (Revitascalp). This treatment is best done weekly for 12 sessions for visible results.

Read More: Beauty Tips from the 5 Most Iconic Victoria’s Secret Models

2. iGrow Home Laser Device


If you prefer to have the hair laser treatment done at home, the iGrow Low Level Laser Therapy is a handsfree device that works similarly to the Revage 670. Home devices are always great because it can be done at the comfort and privacy of your own home, but there is a small tradeoff. Compared to the Revage 670 which should be done once weekly for 12 weeks for most people, the iGrow should be done 3 times weekly for 6 months before visible results may be noticed.

3. Home Laser Combs

This is another alternative home laser device, but it is my least favourite because it is not handsfree and requires exposing each area of the scalp for a short period of time (the laser comb prompts with a beep). It takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes to cover the entire scalp. But it is compact (compared to the iGrow) and is great for people who travel frequently.






– Meredith Law


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s